Problems with OpenGL in tribes

Steven Edwards Steven.Edwards at KnowledgeSentry.net
Thu Mar 22 22:31:22 CST 2001

This is the first time I've had to post about a problem with wine that I
couldnt fix.

I just recently upgraded to a TNT2 from a dual Voodoo2 rig. I'm running
Wine on Slackware 7.1, kernel 2.2.18 from kernel.org, Xfree4.01 from
slackware source. and NVIDIAs latest drivers.

I'm getting a odd problem with wine trying to load libglide2x.so when I set
Tribes to use OpenGL. This doesnt happen every time I run wine only every
once and a while. I am using the OpenGL32.DLL from WinME for tribes as the
NVidia one wont load.

When I load tribes up in software mode it runs in a window using DDraw-X11
with no problems. I had to remove a few lines of code in the winsock and
Dsound sources to get rid of a debug message that was lagging the
navigation of the game.

Anyway whenever I try to run Tribes in OpenGL I get a error saying that it
cant change the display mode of the X server and to try and put X win that
mode beforehand. Well I've tried it at 800x600 in both 15bpp and 16bpp.

I never had the problem with Glide and Wine, tribes would just load right
up and i could play.

Output is attached below
bash-2.04# wine Tribes.exe
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x60a620,1) - no error checking or
testing yet
fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown VxD DINPUT.VXD. Try --winver nt40 or win31 !
fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x40387248,00000150,2):stub
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoA Unimplemented action: 3 (SPI_GETMOUSE)
fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x40387248,00000150,2):stub
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoA Unimplemented action: 3 (SPI_GETMOUSE)
fixme:system:ChangeDisplaySettingsA (0x40576a68,0x00000004), stub
        flags=FULLSCREEN,
fixme:system:ChangeDisplaySettingsA    width=800
fixme:system:ChangeDisplaySettingsA    height=600
fixme:system:ChangeDisplaySettingsA  (Putting X in this mode beforehand
might help)
err:opengl:X11DRV_DescribePixelFormat Wrong pixel format !
fixme:system:ChangeDisplaySettingsA ((nil),0x00000000), stub
        flags=
fixme:system:ChangeDisplaySettingsA    devmode=NULL (return to default mode)
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c000013a flags 10 addr
0x402f0562
bash-2.04#
bash-2.04#