[beginner] Can't launch sol.exe!

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Mar 23 05:23:01 CST 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Vincent Leconte wrote:

> When I try to launch sol for testing i've got:
> #/usr/local/bin/wine sol
> Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type), ignoring
> drive A:
> Could not stat /cdrom (Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type), ignoring
> drive D:
> /usr/local/bin/wine: warning: $DISPLAY variable ignored, using '10.0.0.14:0'
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> /usr/local/bin/wine: Can't open display: 10.0.0.14:0
>
> I'm confused because:
> 1)I wrote in ~/.wine/config (and in /usr/local/etc/)
>     [Drive A]
>     "Path" = "/mnt/floppy"
>     ..
>     [Drive D]
>     "Path" = "/mnt/cdrom"

Whose ~/.wine/config?  By the prompt I'd guess root is running this - cu
maybe?  What is in root's home directory for .wine/config?

> 2)my private IP adress id 10.0.0.120
>
> TBA

Wine is an X app like any other X app.  If you use magic cookie X
authorization, the user must have the same magic cookie in its
.Xauthority file as the user that started X to connect an app to the X
server.  That is the way most modern distros set it up.

This looks like maybe some user started X, did an su and tried to launch
wine.  You can do stuff like that if the system administrator sets it
up, but it aint all that easy.  Or are you in a Xwin32 session again?

Lawson
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.