wine.conf newbie problem

Malte Cornils malte at cornils.net
Fri Mar 23 13:37:44 CST 2001

"Vestal, Roy L." wrote:
> Does evolution work with Exchange servers?  My office environment is pure NT
> and I'm trying to convert myself to 100% linux.  Currently, I'm running
> VMware but I don't want to unless needed.

no, I don't think it works (in a stable way, if at all) with
Exchange servers currently.
For that, you don't have that many options anymore, you could

a) try it with Wine (or any other Win "emu" under Linux, like
Win4Lin/Vmware)
b) use HP's OpenMail - it supports Exchange server protocol (Lotus
server might do that too)
	(read LWN for further info: http://www.lwn.net/2001/0308/)
c) migrate the Exchange servers first, to something sensible (SMTP
etc). You might lose
some features this way. Outlook can communicate with SMTP servers, I
don't know whether it
works for calendar etc. too.
d) wait for the good hackers at Ximian and elsewhere to decipher the
Exchange server protocol

Well, good luck!

Yours Malte #8-)