wine.conf

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Fri Mar 23 20:11:55 CST 2001

Phillip Knight wrote:

> I am sending this request a second time as wine.conf attachment came out
> garbled the first time. This time I have included it in the body of the email.
>
> Perhaps someone can help me with the following problem.
>
> I installed Wine rpm 20001002 on Mandrake 7.2 and then edited wine.conf.
> When I start Wine from /usr/bin directory get this message:
>
> Warning: could not find wine.conf [Drive x] entry for current working
> directory /usr/bin starting in windows directory.

Any directory you are going to access from a program under wine needs to
be in wine.conf, and wine checks whether the current directory falls in
that category. I am assuming you don't need whatever program you are
running to access the /usr/bin directory, so the message is harmless.

Normally, you would not cd to /usr/bin to execute wine. Instead,
/usr/bin (or wherever you have wine) would be in your path, and you
would execute wine from somewhere in your home directory, or on your
/mnt/win_c partition. That should get rid of that error message.

> Then it says:
>
> Usage: wine [options]  program_name [arguments]
>
> and then:
>
> gives a host of options which only add to my confusion.

Did you specify a program? For example:

wine /mnt/win_c/Program\ Files/Accessories/wordpad.exe &

--
My real email is akamail.com at dclark (or something like that).