Charset / Language with an NT installation?

Richard Lovejoy Richard.Lovejoy at ericsson.com.au
Sun Mar 25 16:47:36 CST 2001

  Hi again!

>>  I tried setting them all to builtin, to no avail.
>
> Check by running with -debugmsg +loaddll if you succeeded -
> it's not so obvious if you don't know the innards of Wine :-/

  It certainly seems to be using the builtin for nearly everything.

>> But, I had a thought.  Is it possible that when Microsoft Office was
>> installed on my computer, it used NT-type DLLs that include unicode
>> support?  Like, for example "wwintl32.dll" (which lives in the office
>> directory on my machine)?
>
> Hmm. I don't know. I would be surprised if they did it
> with Office 97 (you don't say which version of Office - AFAIK
> Office 2000 needs a fair amount of 'native' dlls)

It is Office 97.  These are the dlls that are being loaded native
(edited for your viewing pleasure):
    'C:\WINNT\system32\RPCRT4.DLL' : native
    'C:\Program Files\ESOE\Microsoft Office\Office\MSO97.DLL' : native
    'C:\Program Files\ESOE\Microsoft Office\Office\wwintl32.dll' : native
    'C:\WINNT\system32\shlwapi.dll' : native
    'C:\WINNT\system32\msvcrt.dll' : native
    'C:\WINNT\system32\riched20.dll' : native
    'C:\Program Files\ESOE\Microsoft Office\Office\IFILTER.CNV' : native

(Obviously there's a
  trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loaded module
at the start of all those lines, but it's easier to read without them.)

> There is always the usuall fallback - say to run with
> -debugmsg +relay,+file,+dosfs and see what happens
> when you try to save a file - maybe you will find that it's
> trying to file on a read-only partition ;-)

  I now have a 30M log file, and I'm trying to figure out what's
going wrong.  If I come to a dead end, or figure out how to fix
it, I'll let you know.  I know I'm not the first to have this problem!

  Richard.

Richard Lovejoy.                      Richard.Lovejoy at ericsson.com.au
+61 3 9301 6284
Send me mail with "Public key" as the subject for an automated reply.
GPG fingerprint:     7667 9679 6BF9 DB73 96D6  54FC 9A16 E57E 292E 05AD