[beginner] Can't launch sol.exe!

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 26 11:07:21 CST 2001

Vincent Leconte wrote:

>> are you in a Xwin32 session again?
>
> Not anymore
> but bizarely 10.0.0.14 is the IP adress of the PC from where I launched
> Xwin32...?
>

> <lawson_whitney at juno.com> a écrit dans le message news:
> 20010323.062406.134623664.0.lawson_whitney at juno.com...
>

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Vincent Leconte wrote:
>

>> When I try to launch sol for testing i've got:
>> #/usr/local/bin/wine sol
>> Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type), ignoring
>> drive A:
>> Could not stat /cdrom (Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type), ignoring
>> drive D:
>> /usr/local/bin/wine: warning: $DISPLAY variable ignored, using
>> '10.0.0.14:0'

This message typically occurs because a wine program was run to one
display (10.0.0.14:0), and now without the wineserver exiting you try to
send a wine program to a different display (10.0.0.120).

If you don't have any wine programs running, check for a running
wineserver with 'ps -ef | grep wine'. If it or any other defunct wine
programs are running, just kill them. Then go back and try running sol.

--
My real email is akamail.com at dclark (or something like that).