Problem with Free Visual Pinball

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Mar 26 12:34:29 CST 2001

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, peter.katzmann wrote:

> High,
> i tried to install the free Visual Pinball package from:
> http://www.randydavis.com/vp/intro.htm
>
> When i tried to run the installer it aborted with an error message to
> check the installer package.
>
> Whe i try to run the VPinball.exe directly without using the installer
> it comes up well. But now when i try to load a table i get the error
> that modul
> RichEdit32A Module is missing.
>
> peter

Wine's builtin riched32.dll (libriched32.so) is somewhat sparsely
implemented, and apps that want richedit for some reason usually insist
on a native windows beast.  I found one that satisfies my app by sending
www4mail after:

http://ftpsearch.lycos.com/cgi-bin/search?form=lycosnet\
    &query=riched32.dll&filetype=All+files

and picking one of those.  You might have to change ~/.wine/config

[DllOverrides]
"riched32"   = "native"

or use the command line option

--dll riched32=n

Lawson

This message is brought to you by Wine-20010305, junopine-2.0.2,
Juno 2.0.11, and pine-4.10
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.