Street Atlas 8.0?

gerard patel nomailthankyoug.patel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 27 04:32:05 CST 2001

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 06:16:56 GMT, Patrick Berge <pberge at stny.rr.com>
wrote:

>I get the starting splash screen from SA8.0 and a bunch of fixme:font
>messages (I don't think  I care about these?).

No

>Then I get both a
>Windows box stating "Failed to create empty document."

This is probably the problem. It can be a problem with
long file names (either a bug or you not using the right type
for the drive in your config file). Try to install in a directory
on a path with only 8.3 disk/directory names.

>and get
>"err:msg:DispatchMessageA BeginPaint not called on WM_PAINT for hwnd
>0c08!" on the command line.

Unrelated. May be harmless if the app  is responsible (it can be
a bug of the app itself)

>Any ideas?

Run with -debugmsg +relay,+file,+dosfs and post the 200 lines
before the call to the MessageBox Win api displaying the
error message.

Gerard