Running Wine as a user

Cliff McDiarmid cliffhanger2 at altavista.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 06:53:24 CST 2001

Hi

I've used Wine for some time now, compiled from source, from root with no problems.  I now wish to run it regularly as an ordinary user.

Unfortunately it's refusing to run because "the socket is not owned by you", or words to that effect.   After the socket is created under /home/user/.wine/... I can give it user permissions and Wine will start, but if I stop Wine and restart, the socket once again has root permissions and Wine will not run.   I've tried everything with permissions for the socket folder with no luck, can someone help.

thanks

MAC