TransGaming CVS build instructions

OvErRiDeX overridex at punkass.com
Tue Mar 27 10:52:28 CST 2001

Gavriel State wrote:

> Miran Kenk wrote:
>
>> Ehhh... I appreciate the swiftness, and the detail of the instructions, but
>> I think my problem is much more basic. This is a newbie cry for help...
>>
>> I installed winex as instructed, but I still hit the same thing:
>>
>> Line 67: Unrecognized input 'ShowDirSymlinks=1'
>> Line 68: Unrecognized input 'ShellLinker" = "wineshelllink"'
>> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
>> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
>> Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
>> fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown VxD SICE. Try --winver nt40 or win31 !
>> fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown VxD SIWVID. Try --winver nt40 or win31 !
>> fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown VxD NTICE. Try --winver nt40 or win31 !
>>
>> Trying winever win31 just makes a windowsish screen pop up, telling me to
>> shut off the debugger and try again. As far as I know, the debugger is not
>> even on.
>

> Your problem here is the SafeDisk copy protection software.  We're working
> on a general solution that allows SafeDisk protected programs to work properly
> under Wine, but in the meantime the Digital Millennium Copyright act stands
> between me and your explanation of how to get around this issue in the meantime.
> Luckily for you, Google isn't so encumbered.
>
> That said, even once that issue is overcome, I have no idea if System Shock
> works properly.
>
>  -Gav

you can always try the demo to see, no protection there... although i
had the same prob with the full game as the demo, the menu works and
everything, but when it loads it's just a black screen (with older
versions of wine it was getting an error, but now it's just black) i'd
guess this will be working soon though, as it's a directx 6 game and
that's what gav & transgaming are working on right now... d3d of other
versions of directx than 7... anyway www.gamecopyworld.* (you an fill in
the * heh heh) has tools for removing the safe disk protection if you're
having trouble with other games.... see ya