ms windows quake 3 on linux is this possible?

Joe turtle at dove.com
Tue Mar 27 14:48:33 CST 2001

i had an old version of wine, about 2mnths i downloaded it. i couldn't get
it working at all, well i had solitaire going and was about it, and partly
installed some games but they never worked.
do i have to install the whole windows OS onto linux.
i hope not, cos i didn't b4, my dream is to get my favorute apps working
then dump that inferior operating system formerly know as windows.
i just luuuurve the linux filesystem is very sexy.

so tell me has anyone got all of quake 3 working, or any of it.

and you just install the programs by running the setup.exe files right?
cos i tried to do winword 2000 and it wasn't having it.
i am saving for the new suse linux and then i will get into it big time. 6.4
is cool but dated and that, and i is buying up ram off of cruicial so is
gonna be sweet system with linux, i justknow it. thanks for yer help Joe