Tale of kernel 2.2.19 upgrading

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Mar 27 17:15:05 CST 2001

On 27 Mar 2001, Toby Haynes wrote:

> After much hair pulling, swapping of DLLs and similar hijinx, I came across a
> message noting that Wine breaks if you upgrade to 2.4 and requires
> recompiling. In desperation I grabbed the latest source release and built the
> whole caboodle. Success!
>
> So to keep this tale short - if you upgrade to kernel 2.2.19, you may need to
> recompile WINE to fix any errant problems. And to the Wine hackers, this
> version seems to be even more solid than that December binary - I'm seriously
> impressed. Good work!
>
> Cheers,
> Toby Haynes
> --
Thanks for the tip.  I am starting to gird up my loins to take on 2.4.2,
and now I know can't do it one box at a time (one box compiles wine, the
other uses wine to run my mail).  I remember Alexandre (or maybe Ulrich)
saying it wouldn't be hard to fix the compile-time/runtime kernel
dependency, but I guess I don't remember that anyone actually did.

Lawson

It is better to be lucky than good. - J. A. Soucy
---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.