Charset / Language with an NT installation? success!

Richard Lovejoy Richard.Lovejoy at ericsson.com.au
Wed Mar 28 00:11:49 CST 2001

  Hello.

  If anybody is interested, I can now finally run word and excel from
my NT installation pretty well.

My setup is this:

  A symlink tree in my home directory pointing to the
  ntfs partition mounted (read only) on /nt/c

  Word needs to not have "-winver nt40", I'm using "-winver win95".

  Excel needs to try and load the native OLE dlls, not the builtin
  ones.  The OLE stuff then doesn't work, but for some reason if it
  finds and uses the builtin versions then I can't load any files.

Many thanks to Gerard for pointing me at -debugmsg +loaddll!

  Richard.

Richard Lovejoy.                      Richard.Lovejoy at ericsson.com.au
+61 3 9301 6284
Send me mail with "Public key" as the subject for an automated reply.
GPG fingerprint:     7667 9679 6BF9 DB73 96D6  54FC 9A16 E57E 292E 05AD