xterm needs reset, no output

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Mar 30 00:24:45 CST 2001

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001 jjbuddmd at swbell.net wrote:

> I have attempted to get wine functioning for several days
> but have been having no output recognizable as a windows
> program, rather the terminal acts much as though the output
> was that of a cat of a binary file and requires a reset to
> become useful again. I am running Slack 7.1 on 2.2.18 on a
> dual celeron machine using XFree86 4.0.2. All other programs
> are functioning normally.  I have used precompiled binaries
> and compiled from source with no change in behavior.
> Any ideas?   John

Well, it doesn't look like a cat of a binary file, but I can get wine to
spew badly formatted fixme's and leave an xterm in need of a reset by
changing ~/.wine/config to include:
[wine]
"GraphicsDriver" = "ttydrv"

ttydrv is still not ready to handle graphics, so you might have better
luck to set

[wine]
"GraphicsDriver" = "x11drv"

I didn't know you could do that to an xterm, but I guess you can.

Lawson
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.