[newbie] terminal is black - no green text...

Ewan Andreasen ewan at nork.auc.dk
Fri Mar 30 02:22:42 CST 2001

I am starting to use wine. I installed with the RPM from codeweavers, and
got through the setup and now have icons for it on my KDE...
...but when I try to start it (as user), the terminal is black and empty,
although I know that it must have written something.

My error log, wine.log.2Qleq2 says the following:
"/opt/wine/bin/wine.bin: could not load library 'opt/wine/bin/wine.bin.so'
as Winelib application: /opt/wine/bin/wine.bin.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory"

I am also a linux newbie, running Mandrake 7.2.
I must add that the mandrake-included wine (now uninstalled) reported and
error regarding colors or something, "green"and "darkgrey". Maybe something
in KDE is first off not displaying the terminal correctly, but I haven't got
a clue..
Regarding the error log, I don't know what to do either. If anyone can help,
I'd be grateful.