TransGaming and SourceForge

Daniel Foesch krach42 at aol.com
Fri Mar 30 15:10:17 CST 2001

>>> RedHat 7.0
>>>

>> Read the Transgaming download page, there is a header file which you must
>> download and insert into your /usr/include/opengl/ directory (or something
>like
>> that) if you are running Red Hat 7.0
>
>> I had the same problem myself, and this cleared up everything perfectly
>
>Yes, well, I knew I read something about the glext.h file, but as I
>already one, I figured this wasn't the problem. Also wine normally
>compiles fine with the existing glext.h file. The Transgaming glext.h
>file is somewhat bigger, though. I'll try and replace the existing
>file with the transgaming one.

I know that you already have a glext.h file, and I had one also, but the
glext.h file that is included with RedHat 7 is too old, and Transgaming relies
on a newer glext.h version, which is the one that they ask you to download.

The problem isn't that your glext.h isn't there, the problem is that it is too
OLD, and doesn't have everything that transgaming uses.  Now, the important
thing to remember about regular wine, is that wile it has opengl drivers, to
supply an opengl wrapper doesn't take as much "stuff" as making a direct3d
wrapper (because direct3d has many things that "just aren't necessary")

Again, whatever you're thinking you DO need the glext.h file, that's just the
way things go.

Daniel "Krach" Foesch