Red Alert under WINE

Mini Mike hemstock at x-stream.co.uk
Sat Mar 31 06:00:20 CST 2001

I've heard a lot of people talk about being able to run Red Alert under
Wine, but I don't seem to be able to do it.  I have installed red alert to
/windows/D/wine/games/redalert using

# wine -winver win95 /cdrom/setup.exe

This then runs through the installer OK, but when I try to start RA using:

# cd /windows/D/wine/games/redalert
# wine -winver win95 ra.exe

After a short time, the screen goes blank, the CDROM drives reads the CD for
a couple of seconds, then reads the HDD and then freezes and I have to
reboot.  I am running under KDE in SuSE 6.4.   I'm installing to a FAT32
partition mounted at /windows/D/.

If anyone could help I would be extreemly grateful.

Many thanks,

Mini.