Word 97

randy noel rnoel at xprt.net
Tue May 1 06:30:32 CDT 2001

I have been reading through the WINE  documentation for the last week
or so and have been unable to solve my problem with Word 97.  The OS
is Redhat 6.2 single boot without  Windows installed on any partition.
I can run notepad, mspaint, agent, and freecell with WINE, but when I
try to run MS Word 97 I get the following:

1)
A message that says: " The Tahoma font is not present.  For best
results please exit Word and run the setup program to install."

2)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoA Unimplemented action: 70
(SPI_GETSCREENREADER)
fixme:dc:GetDeviceCaps (0048,94): DeviceCaps param CAPS1 is
UNIMPLEMENTED, will yield 0!
fixme:dc:GetDeviceCaps (0048, 94): unsupported DeviceCaps capability,
will yield 0!

3)
A message that says: "There was not enough memory or disk space to run
Word"

I have tried running the setup program for Office 97 and it says it
can't be run in this mode.
Does anybody have any ideas about what I need to do to get it working?

Thank You,
Randy Noel