Urgend: wrong time for WINE-Applications

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed May 2 16:41:52 CDT 2001

tschweikle at fkn.de wrote:
:> tschweikle at fkn.de wrote:
:>>
:>> Hi!
:>>
:>> Anyone noticed wine giving a wrong time to running
:>> applications?
:>>
:>> I found:
:>>
:>> System clock showing 21:00 -> application running in
:>> wine shows 23:00
:>>
:>> I found this using wine-20001202 and codeweavers-wine
:>> 20010305 on SuSE Linux 7.1. Any idea why this
:>> difference shows up?

:> What is the time that is returned when you enter the unix
:> command date at the prompt of the shell. I remember that
:> my SuSE 7.1 system returned a difference of 1 hour before
:> the switch to the daylight saving time and after it a
:> difference of 2 hours. I have fixed the problem by
:> installing updated packages from ftp.suse.com.

: This isn't an issue. Time displayed for 'date' in a shell is
: correct. Only time displayed in wine applications running
: under wine is of by 2 hours with CEST.

: All variables are set correctly. I couldn't find anything
: incorrect or suspicious here.

Run the application with relay and register debugging. I suspect
some strange registry entry.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de