"This program requires Microsoft Windows"

Stein Oddvar Rasmussen stor at pogostick.net
Thu May 3 08:38:22 CDT 2001

torsdag  3. mai 2001 10:53, skrev du :
> Stein Oddvar Rasmussen <stor at pogostick.net> wrote:
> : Hello!
> :
> : I've played around with wine some, and am currently trying to run the
> : FirstClass Client installer. This used to work under Suse 7.0 and
> : Mandrake 7.0, but now it stops with the message: "This program requires
> : Microsoft Windows"
> :
> : Data is:
> :
> : FirstClass Client: 5.506US
> : Wine release: 20010418
> : RedHat Linux 7.1, kernel 2.4.2-2.
> : I'm not using a win98-partition.
>
> First: Please choose your own subject line.

Meaning? Is there a problem with using the error-message as a subject line?

> Second: Read about debugging wine and look what functions are called before
> you get above message (is it a messagebox?) and try to find out what's
> going wrong.

No messagebox. No wine error. All is well, except the program runs as if I've
started it in DOS-mode. The result:

$ wine FC5506US.EXE
Warning: unprotecting the first 64KB of memory to allow real-mode calls.
         NULL pointer accesses will no longer be caught.
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
èSThis program requires Microsoft Windows.
$

And that's all.

Where do I go from here?

- Stein -