error when installing win97 word/excell

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Thu May 3 23:28:05 CDT 2001

On Thu, 3 May 2001 cacook at freedom.net wrote:

> Give it a rest Ove.  Nobody on the list wants to hear about your
> frustrations. We are here to solve problems, not bully people.

Well, I know I am, but I'm pretty sure you were sent by Microsoft as their
new tactic of tormenting Wine developers and confusing Wine users, so they
can create more FUD. Since the project is the community, your misguided
advice is a very serious problem, and I think it's necessary to solve that
problem in order to ensure that Wine lives on. But you don't seem to be
able to take hints or learn like normal people, and in the face of such
cluelessness, everyone would be better off if you just leave here and go
back to where you came. Hmm. But I guess you won't, as the Microsoft
employee you are...

> I didn't respond to your flamemail as it's just a reflection of your
> insecurities and no one is interested in that.

Hmm. This is definitely a contradiction of your "argument" about insecure
and frighetened people, at least. Then again, of course I should be
insecure, with dangers like Microsoft on the horizon, out to destroy the
project with uncertainty, using infiltration tactics, with you as their
latest asset. But it's the strength to face such dangers and still go on
that makes the difference.

> Stick to the topic or get out.

Sorry, I'm not going to abandon working on the Wine project just because
Microsoft tells me to. I will cease to work on Wine when you pry the
keyboard from my cold dead hands, or when Microsoft's OS division is in
ruins and Wine can run everything that users still care to run, whichever
occurs first.