problems with shared segments

Bill Medland medbi01 at accpac.com
Fri May 4 09:33:30 CDT 2001

A couple of weeks ago I noted that shared segments weren't working.
Alexandre said that he fixed it.  I wasn't in the position to build a fresh
wine at the time.  I am now but it doesn't seem to work still.

I replicated the problem with a test exe, the basic Hello, World generated
by MS VC 6 for a Windows program, with a single variable in a shared
segment that is statically initialised to 0 and incremented by 10 in the
WinMain and displayed on the screen.  Thus it displays 0 on the first
paint, 10 after minimising and maximising and 10 and 20 for the second
instance run (confirmed on Win95).  Under wine I run "wine testshr_app.exe
&" a couple of times and both instances display 0 and 10.

Any ideas?

(Would this be better on a different newsgroup)

Bill