IE5 and Outlook98 under Wine

Peter Lowe pgl at riffraff.plig.net
Fri May 4 09:56:53 CDT 2001

In article <C745D2E4848CD31190520090279C226B024C38C3 at rtints5.rti.org>,
Vestal, Roy L. wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has been able to get IE5 and Outlook98 to run
> under any wine implementation?  I have  RH 6.2 with CodeWeavers wine
> installed WITHOUT a Windoze partition.  (I have to have these for work,
> that's why!)  When I start the install, the setup routine runs but the
> setup.exe comes back saying my Windows language is not English, so I need to
> remove the Desktop Update and retry.  I've tried adding "-dll
> shell,shell32,commctrl,comctl32=n" but to no avail.
> Any suggestions?

I've been able to get it kind of working on a windows partition with
this command line:

wine -dll commdlg,comdlg32,commctrl,comctl32,shell32,shell,shlwapi,shfolder,
	shdocvw,wininet,iedetect,ie4,winsock,winsock32,urlmon=n iexplore.exe

it's unable to load any pages though.

Has anyone else had any luck?

regards,

Peter Lowe.

--
This is not the signature you are looking for. Move along.