How to install Windows printer driver on WINE ?

g.patel at wanadoo.fr g.patel at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 4 13:15:53 CDT 2001

On 4 May 2001 13:43:52 GMT, Andreas Mohr <zstkyu9001 at sneakemail.com>
wrote:

>> AFAIK the capability to use Windows printer drivers has been broken
>> a few months ago and no one has found a way to restore it yet.
>Again, isn't this the gdi lock problem that has been "fixed" lately ?
>In this case I guess it should work.

I don't know if the  gdi lock problem is fixed; it does not matter
much since there is also something else broken : the driver

I have ttydrv working with my (now antique) reference : wine 20000801.
If I test it, driver loading occurs through the driver loading (code
in windows/driver.c). With current Wine, this code seems  to be not
used and the driver is loaded by graphics/driver.c, by
DRIVER_FindDriver.

With LoadLibraryA.

Try to load a 16 bit library like a Win95 printer driver with that.

I suspect it is yet  another victim of the Dll separation :
the new DLL hell :-)

Gerard