problem with United Devices Agent

zwierzy zwierzy at spam.fe
Fri May 4 15:16:26 CDT 2001

  g.patel at wanadoo.fr, wrote:
>It don't work under vmware and now it works under Wine ?
>funny !

It's kind of obvious that simulating whole machine would be
closest to original but, like i saw, sometimes it does not! :)
Big bow to Wine Team!

>Bleeding edge are you ?

Somebody has to test it :) And I just found out that version 2.4.4 is
better than ever. How? I wanted to nice wine to check if it works nice
in background. So i started wine with nice 19 and seti at home with 0.
After ps aux i went 8-o and tried to push the limit. The resul so far
is (don't counting other processes):

%CPU %MEM COMMAND
96.3  6.2 /usr/local/bin/wine -- ud_101.exe
56.8 10.9 ./setiathome
48.1 11.7 wine TreeMark.exe

That's over 200% cpu utilisation on uniprocessor machine and i can
still move mouse pointer :-D Is it the Wine? the Linux? or the
IntelInside(tm)? ;-) (ofcourse this is Wine:)

>Well, an advanced techie like you is surely
>able to strace the problem, find the failing OS call
>and send a bug report if necessary to the
>appropriate Linux maintainer ;-)

Yeah. Like i would bring that ud agent to work (in this millenium :)
without your help. I quit programming few years ago and now
im only humble crash tester (or a crash test dummy? - no, that's with
winblows... :)

--
Szczudlowski Jerzy [/|./`/< _/@2b]
email: zwierzy_ape_jedwab_dot_net_dot_pl