minitab and wine?

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Sun May 6 01:53:43 CDT 2001

  hi,

  I am trying to get minitab demo work with wine but can't:-( here's
what happened so far:

  installation worked, the program seems to be installed properly, on
windows partition (wine c:\Program Files directory)

  here's what happens when I run it:

jojda:~>wine /mnt/win/Program\ Files/MTBDEMO/Mtb13GE.exe
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x400f2e18 wait
timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=025f

  and that's it. There is one window (small) titled Error, with nothing
in it, sometime it just has the background (the root window or whatever
was there before, so the window is essentially only a frame and title,
no part of window is being drawn), sometime it goes as far as displaying
grey area with dark grey silluette of stop sign.

  any ideas where to go from here? I checked the web and there was
something about minitab and graphs under wine so I guess someone got it
working a little bit better than I did but I haven't found any
details...

  my system:

	debian unstable
	kernel 2.4.3
	wine  0.0.20010326-3
        minitab 13 (latest, just downloaded today)

  TIA

	erik