Wine and Browser

William Bradley bradleyw at magma.ca
Sun May 6 22:18:39 CDT 2001

Some months ago I tried to install Wine on Corel Linux and it did not work
as Corel, I found out, had got in ahead of me and used it to run their paint
programme. I am now running Red Hat 7, and recently installed Codeweavers
Win preview. It installed easily without any problems. I was able to go to
the File Manager in Gnome, move over to the Windows partition and run the
games Freecell and Patience. Got the MSNotepad to run and one or two others.
However then I tried to run Internet Explorer, I got the following:

/opt/wine/bin/wine.bin: cannot find /mnt/dos/progra\~1/intern\1/iexplore.exe

Windows loads at boot so it is always active and is accessed through
/mnt/dos

Widows is in: c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe

Any advice would be appreciated.

Bill.

--
William J. Bradley,