Wine Setup

cacook at freedom.net cacook at freedom.net
Tue May 8 13:04:42 CDT 2001

Still have these questions:

CWp3 winedbg symlink is broken.  How to fix?

I am hearing that in order to deinstall a Windows program, you must compile a
certain proggie from the sources.  It doesn't seem to come with CWWine.  Best avenue?

I chose Desktop mode, as I need two apps running simultaneously.  Freedom, which is my privacy app and netscape-mail must run together, as mail is fetched through Freedom.  I'm hearing that each winprog is run as new process.  Is it possible to run two winprogs in one Wine desktop?

Should there be a taskbar on the desktop?  If so, how would I enable?

Wanting to set up a common Wine config for all users, so tried symlinking to a user's /$HOME/.wine files.  But even root fails when running a Wine program, with something like 'root is not the owner of the process'. (referring to the folder in .wine dir)  Possible to fix?
--
C.

The best way out is always through.
      - Robert Frost  A Servant to Servants, 1914