WinExec long pause and IsWindow failure

Bill Medland medbi01 at accpac.com
Tue May 8 17:55:49 CDT 2001

Any guidance on this please?  I am sure that the two issues are related.

Our app uses WinExec to start another app.  Later on it uses IsWindow on
the window handle to see if it is still there.

WinExec pauses for some 20 seconds after starting the other app.  (Things
go totally screwy if you then kill that app before the WinExec has
finished).  I am having difficulty figuring out which "WaitForInputIdle" is
being executed.

The magic is fine on the window block as it comes out of CreateWindowEx but
is damaged by the time the WinExec returns.

Bill