What happened to --desktop geom?

Ian Collier imc at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 8 19:23:56 CDT 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001 20:02:45 +0200 (CEST), Ove Kaaven
>No. It's clear that he did not use the search, but browsed the mailing
>list indexes manually. Have you ever seen those indexes?

To be fair, I didn't use it.  I didn't realise this would also search
the mailing list archives.  After all, aren't they "hosted with pride
by Integrita"?

However, typing a word into that box in the top-right and pressing
return results in "The requested URL /cgi-bin/htsearch was not found
on this server."  Someone might want to fix that.  Ah, I see it only
does that when I view the front page at www.winehq.org instead of
www.winehq.com...

Finding search terms which return the required thread proved to be a bit
of an exercise, but for future reference the discussion is apparently
titled "wine/dlls/x11drv/x11drv_main.c documentation/ ..." and took
place in March 2001.

For what it's worth I don't really agree with the reason for removing
these command-line flags - which was apparently that the kernel32 module
which parses the flags doesn't want to know anything about how the x11
driver works.

What about giving each module an environment variable which can be
checked for extra run-time settings?  Maybe then as a convenience to
the user the launcher could be given a command-line flag which can set
environment variables...
--
---- Ian Collier : imc at comlab.ox.ac.uk : WWW page below
------ http://users.comlab.ox.ac.uk/ian.collier/imc.shtml