AOE2

Bob Goodwin goodie1 at pacbell.net
Wed May 9 13:02:15 CDT 2001

> Thanks.. I cvs'ed the latest compiled and installed..
>
> Now I 'wine empires2.exe' and the output of a million lines come and the
> machine locks up.
> That was the first time my RH7 machine ever locked up.

You will need to uninstall the previous version. My experience has been
that running `make uninstall' under the Wine source leaves a _bunch_ of
old wine files laying around. In hindsight I can see that the reason for
this is that the source code default library path is /usr/local/lib
whereas the RPM versions seem to put libraries in /usr/lib. And,
/usr/lib usually has preference in the lib PATH. If rpm -e of your
`wrong' libraries by hand :( After doing `make', have a look in the
wine-revxxxx/dlls directory. Every file with a .so extention is a wine
library. Check to see if these libraries already exist (and when were
they created) in /usr/lib. Delete as required. Then do `make install' or
tools/wineinstall. Also before installing, `/etc/ld.so.config' needs to
have a line that refrences /usr/local/lib.

Bob G.