Microsoft "Windows for Linux"

Alfredo Cole alfredo at acyc.com
Wed May 9 17:05:22 CDT 2001

At the risk of being flamed for an OT discussion, I'll tell you. VMware is
derived from the Plex86 project. It requires that you create a fixed-sized
file to emmulate a hard disk to install Windows in it. It is also much slower
on the same hardware.

Win4Lin uses the existing Linux file system, so you can access files from
Windows or from Linux. It is also cheaper than VMware.

Any way, you can download a demo and give it a try. You may find that it fits
your needs. Ah, one more thing: You can not run any software that accesses
hardware directly (That rules out most games).

--
Alfredo J. Cole
alfredo at acyc.com
Tegucigalpa, Honduras