Can't list directory on ftp.winehq.com

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Thu May 10 03:07:57 CDT 2001

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Michael Mauch wrote:

> Ove Kaaven <ovehk at ping.uio.no> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 9 May 2001, Michael Mauch wrote:
> >
> >> Google shows there was a bug in the ProFTPD 1.2.0pre10 which is used on
> >> ftp.winehq.com:
> >
> > There's no such problem that I can see.
>
> Hmm, but apparently there was a bug with exactly that version of ProFTPD
> that has been fixed.

It *could* be fixed. Debian's policy is that Very Important Fixes are
backported to the versions in stable, but the versions are never upgraded
if it's in any way possible to avoid it, in order to avoid destabilization
of debian-stable (things that used to work should never stop working in
updates to debian-stable... this is not always the case for security
upgrades in other distros). But I can't say for sure, other than that I
don't have problems, as long as I remember "set passive off".