Nothing seems to work..

Frapazoid 2.0 jdc2002 at teleport.com
Fri May 11 11:14:22 CDT 2001

I just downloaded and installed the 2001-05-10 release of wine, and
nothing seems to work.
Examples; SimEarth can't install. Crashes immediatly.
SimCity draws everything in funky colors and then breaks.
SimLife can't load files, and you can't select options in the drop-down
boxes.
MechWarrior3 crashes on install; hangs while copying the sound data.
Internet Explorer, which somehow people have got working, fails
completely.
I am still trying programs, but everything seems to work just as well as

they did a year and a half ago when I first tried Wine.
Any suggestions?