icq2000b ... installs but doesn't run ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Fri May 11 21:40:05 CDT 2001

Andreas Mohr <zstkyu9001 at sneakemail.com> writes:

>Marc G. Fournier <marc at atelier.acadiau.ca> wrote:

>> Okay, am trying to get ICQ2000b installed under Wine for my GF ... I
>> use LICQ myself, she doesn't like it as much as her Windows version,
>> says it offers more then licq ...

>> I do have a Windows partition, and install goes beautifully ... If I try and
>> run it after the install, the 'Loading...' comes up and then I start getting:

>> fixme:win32:SetCriticalSectionSpinCount critsection=0x7ff063b8: spincount=1000 not supported
>> fixme:win32:SetCriticalSectionSpinCount critsection=0x7ff063d8: spincount=1000 not supported
>> err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin mfc42loc.dll: Shared object "libmfc42loc.so" not found
>Huh ? This is strange ! This shouldn't happen with a 0418 snapshot.
>Errors like that should be a warning only.
>Anyway, this particular error message doesn't really matter anyway.

Okay, figure that if I'm going to try and debug a problem, I'd best get
the latest CVS, I did that tonight and installed it ... the operating
system is FreeBSD, I have a Win98 partition that I have mounted, and, as
mentioned, the install of ICQ ran clean ...

configure is run with --disable-opengl and nothing else ...

The following results from running with the newest source code:

> wine Program\ Files/ICQ/Icq.exe
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
Could not stat /cdrom (No such file or directory), ignoring drive D:
fixme:win32:SetCriticalSectionSpinCount critsection=0x7ff063b8: spincount=1000 not supported
fixme:win32:SetCriticalSectionSpinCount critsection=0x7ff063d8: spincount=1000 not supported
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin mfc42loc.dll: Shared object "libmfc42loc.so" not found
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x28c8d3f0 wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=038f
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x289c5288 wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=008f
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x28c8d3f0 wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=028f

and then it just hangs there ...

So, if I'm not looking for what the other gentleman suggested, can you give
suggestions on what I should report/debug?

Thanks ..

Marc G. Fournier                               scrappy at hub.org
Systems Administrator @ hub.org
scrappy@{postgresql|isc}.org                       ICQ#7615664