Sound in WINE - Playsound() API call

Dunny paul.dunn4 at ntlworld.com
Wed May 16 06:58:15 CDT 2001

Hi - I've read the FAQ, and done a few preliminary searches on google, so
apologies if this question has been answered before.

I'm new to WINE - at least, I don't use it - a friend does. However, I have
developed an app (a screensaver) which he would like to run. It does
perfectly in all areas but sound. When using the Playsound() API call and a
Delphi 5 TMemoryStream, I get absolutly no sound at all when stringing
sounds together with multiple calls to playsound(). The first sound plays,
but no others. Increasing the amount of time between calls doesn't help.

Is there a problem in wine with the playsound() function, and should I be
using the Wavout subset of API calls?

If any of you want to check it out (and be warned, it's full of bugs :) then
go to

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.dunn4 and go to the Screen$ link.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.