wine crashing X11

Jon Piesing jon at prl.research.philips.com
Fri May 18 10:37:41 CDT 2001

Dear all,

Has anyone seen a problem where wine causes the X server to crash and
re-start? What happens is that the screen of the laptop switches from
the X11 graphics display to the "classical" PC text display, I get
logged out and then XDM re-starts again with a login window.

I've tried all sorts of debug messages with wine and there's no messages
generated which look like it could reflect this. The last message from
wine when run with '+x11,+x11drv' is :-

trace:x11drv:X11DRV_GetBitmapBits (...)

I'm using wine version 20010305 on Suse 7.0/Intel with XFree86 4.0.2.

Thanks a lot

Jon