experience report: cups, wordview and printing -- GREAT

Moritz Moeller-Herrmann mmh at gmx.net
Fri May 18 13:48:31 CDT 2001

Hi there,
I just installed the latest wine release 1205 on SuSE7.1 with cups and for
the first time printing works for me. I just added the afmdirs section like
it says in the manual and now it works.
GREAT!!

Word view97 works just FINE, even with rtf files. Great.

I have one little problem though. Ever since I added the [afmdirs], the
umlauts (diphtongs) üöä and other special characters do not occupy any
space in my text. böse would become bse with an ö under the s character.
This happens on the screen as well as in the postscript output. Is there
some bug in the font handling?

Apart from this wordview 97 (freely distributable) works fine as Word
reader. Thank you.