visual basic

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri May 18 18:48:57 CDT 2001

On Fri, 18 May 2001 g.patel at wanadoo.fr wrote:

> On Wed, 16 May 2001 15:33:13 -0700, "pablito" <pablito at LanMinds.Com>
> wrote:
>
> >is it possible to port a program written in visual basic to linux using the
> >wine development tool, or does this just work with programs written in C?
>
> No, winelib is C/C++ only (using only Ms tools)

   Hmmm, it depends what you mean by 'porting'. Yes, recompilation is
possible only for C/C++ applications.
   But of course it is possible to run a VB executable in Wine. It
should even be possible to do so without using any Windows dlls (but you
would still need the VB support dlls). Since this allows you to
distribute the application as a regular Linux application I would say it
qualifies as a 'port'.

                  In a world without fences who needs Gates?