cdrw firmware update

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun May 20 17:12:39 CDT 2001

Florian Müller <flo at flo.s-s-f.de> wrote:
: Hello,

: I need to do a firmware update for my cdrw and because of a missing linux
: program for doing that I thought of using wine for trying it.
: I call the programm FlashTool.exe and no error messages occur. (The
: surface really looks great!) The programm detects correctly the flashable
: cdrw-drive even with ide-scsi and the non-flashable cdrom. But then when I
: click on "continue" nothing happens, the programm is still "usable", that
: means I can quit it without any error-message but the firmware update is of
: course not done.

: Now two questions:

: Is the idea of using an emulator to update the firmware totally stupid, or
: might there be a chance for getting it work?

: What debugging options can I use to give you more information?

: Winerelease is 20010418 an the update-program is located at
: http://www.traxdata.com/support/cd-r/drivers/files/cdrw8432.zip
: The cdrw is connected to the 2nd port as slave and used with the ide-scsi
: emulation driver.

: Thank you and I hope you can help me...

--debugmsg +relay,+aspi might be a good start.

And have the phone number of the drive manufacturer handy if you screw
up the drive beyonf repair...

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de