Trouble building Wine-20010510

Alexander A. Vasiljev alexvas at sky.inp.nsk.su
Tue May 22 02:08:58 CDT 2001

	Dear Unknown, ;)
	I tried to repeat your result, but succeeded - I'v got
.
../../tools/winebuild/winebuild -fPIC -L../../dlls -o ntdll.spec.c -spec
./ntdll.spec
gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include -g -O2 -Wall
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fPIC -D__WINE__ -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr/X11R6/include -o ntdll.spec.o ntdll.spec.c
.

and so on...
	There are some questions: what version of gcc do you use? What
configure options did you set? I think that part of make output,
conserning building of winebuild itself is also worth reading. Is it OK?
Finally, you might check out config.log. Usually there are many failture
entries there - it's just a result of your system testing. Check up lines
like

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXXX
(where XXX=[dnet, dnet_stub, i386, ossaudio, xpg4, mmap, cups] in my case)

These lines mean that there is no appropriate libXXX.so on your box.
Sometimes the library actually presents, named libXXX.so.2 or
libXXX.so.4.9, for example. Try to

locate libXXX.so

If you discovered such a file, you need to link it to libXXX.so to make
this shared library installed correctly. It took a lot of my time to trace
all of these misinstallations on RH 7.0. Possibly, you have the same
problem...

On Mon, 21 May 2001, it was written: