ICQ2000b

Andreas Mohr zstkyu9001 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 22 03:07:28 CDT 2001

Jan-Fredrik Braseth <janfbr at grotte.ifi.uio.no> wrote:

> Have anybody been able to run ICQ2000b with wine? I need
> this because I'm behand a firewall that won't accept UDP,
> and as far as I know no ICQ-clone for linux can do only
> tcp/ip as ICQ2000b
AFAIK most Linux ICQ clients are Open Source, no ?
Do you know what *open* means ?

Get some RFCs for proxy access, start hacking and get it done !

There have been numerous complaints already that they don't support it,
so why does nobody ever finally get it and start adding support for it ??

Open Source software is not only a privilege, it's also a certain
moral obligation as soon as you use it IMHO.
Too bad too many people don't (want to) realize this...

Andreas Mohr

P.S.: Yes, I started debugging/fixing ICQ2000b, and it nearly works,
but I really don't see why we'd always want to use "emulated" software
instead of the "real" (possibly better !) thing...

--
In case you need to contact me later, my real (non-temporary) address is
(initial of first name).(last name)@mailto.de