converting windows fonts

g.patel at wanadoo.fr g.patel at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 22 04:38:46 CDT 2001

On Mon, 21 May 2001 16:45:43 +0700, "Alexander A. Vasiljev"
<alexvas at sky.inp.nsk.su> wrote:

>	Greetings!
>	I'm newcomer here, sorry for possible offtopic.

Not at all, you are just at the right place..

>	Well, I have successfully converted some windows fonts as it
>described in 4.8.1. Font of Wine User Guide and obtained
>-windows-lingvo oem-medium-r-normal-sans-*-*-72-72-p-*-iso8859-5
>as a result. But when I'm trying to run program, it still prints
>fixme:font:AddFontResourceA ("C:\\Program Files\\Lingvo\\LvOemF.fon"):
>stub!

If the app calls this Api, this will always appear on the console
(until someone implement it, that is). It would be different only
if the app could first ask the system to see if the font is present
and if yes, would not call this  api.
If the app works by adding the font unconditionnally to the system,
the message will always appear. It does not matter in most cases,
since Wine makes the return of the Api appear as if the font had
been added.

>	I could select converted font as "lingvo oem" in gfontsel, so, X
>is OK. Could I write some alias to make the wine recognize it? Where - in
>fonts.alias or ~/.wine/config? What alias name should I write there?

Theoretically it should work; why is your app not working ? Is it
because of a font related problem ? If you are in doubt, try to
run with -debugmsg +font and try to see if the font is really seen
by Wine.

Gerard