Visual source safe and wine

Patrick Jeanson patrick_jeanson at adc.com
Fri May 18 15:49:16 CDT 2001

Hi!

    I would like to use the command line version of visual source safe to
get the latest version of a project(ss.exe).
I have tried to use wine for this as the following:
wine ss.exe 'cp $/projname'

Unfortunately I got the following error messages:

fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x44c5f0,1) - no error checking or
testing yet

A pop-up message also appeared to ask me if I want to debug.

Is there any success story about using VSS with wine?

here is my wine .conf:

---------------

;;
;; MS-DOS drives configuration
;;
;; Each section has the following format:
;; [Drive X]
;; Path=xxx       (Unix path for drive root)
;; Type=xxx       (supported types are 'floppy', 'hd', 'cdrom' and
'network')
;; Label=xxx      (drive label, at most 11 characters)
;; Serial=xxx     (serial number, 8 characters hexadecimal number)
;; Filesystem=xxx (supported types are 'msdos'/'dos'/'fat', 'win95'/'vfat',
;; 'unix')
;;   This is the FS Wine is supposed to emulate on a certain
;;   directory structure.
;;   Recommended:
;;   - "win95" for ext2fs, VFAT and FAT32
;;   - "msdos" for FAT16 (ugly, upgrading to VFAT driver strongly
recommended)
;;   DON'T use "unix" unless you intend to port programs using Winelib !
;; Device=/dev/xx (only if you want to allow raw device access)
;;
[Drive A]
Path=/mnt/floppy
Type=floppy
Label=Floppy
Device=/dev/fd0

[Drive C]
Path=/var/lib/wine
Type=hd
Label=MS-DOS
Filesystem=win95

[Drive D]
Path=/mnt/cdrom
Type=cdrom
Label=CD-Rom
Filesystem=win95
; make sure that device is correct and has proper permissions !
Device=/dev/cdrom

[Drive E]
Path=/tmp
Type=hd
Label=Tmp Drive
Filesystem=win95

[Drive F]
Path=${HOME}
Type=network
Label=Home
Filesystem=unix

[Drive G]
Path=/
Type=hd
Label=Unix fs
Filesystem=unix

[Drive H]
Path=/usr/local/lib/win
Type=network
Label=Windows
Filesystem=win95

[wine]
Windows=c:\windows\
System=c:\windows\system
Temp=e:\
Path=c:\windows;c:\windows\system;e:\;e:\test;f:\
SymbolTableFile=/var/lib/wine/wine.sym

[wine]
Windows=h:\windows
System=h:\windows\system
Temp=e:\
Path=h:\windows;h:\windows\system;h:\wine;e:\;f:\
SymbolTableFile=./wine.sym

# <wineconf>

[DllDefaults]
EXTRA_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${HOME}/wine/cvs/lib
; This is only needed, if you have additional compiled
; dlls, if not, then leave it as is
DefaultLoadOrder = builtin, native
; no elfdlls available yet not "so"-dlls

[DllPairs]
; load these as pairs always
krnl386 = kernel32
gdi     = gdi32
user    = user32
commdlg = comdlg32
commctrl= comctl32
ver     = version
shell   = shell32
lzexpand= lz32
mmsystem= winmm
msvideo = msvfw32
winsock = wsock32

[DllOverrides]
kernel32, gdi32, user32 = builtin
krnl386, gdi, user  = builtin
toolhelp    = builtin
comdlg32, commdlg  = elfdll, builtin, native
version, ver   = elfdll, builtin, native
shell32, shell   = builtin, native
lz32, lzexpand   = builtin, native
commctrl, comctl32  = builtin, native
wsock32, winsock  = builtin
advapi32, crtdll, ntdll = builtin, native
mpr, winspool.drv  = builtin, native
ddraw, dinput, dsound = builtin, native
winmm, mmsystem   = builtin
msvideo, msvfw32  = builtin, native
mcicda.drv, mciseq.drv = builtin, native
mciwave.drv    = builtin, native
mciavi.drv, mcianim.drv = native, builtin
msacm.drv, midimap.drv = builtin, native
w32skrnl    = builtin
wnaspi32, wow32   = builtin
system, display, wprocs = builtin
wineps     = builtin
icmp      = builtin

[options]
AllocSystemColors=100

[fonts]
;Read documentation/fonts before adding aliases
Resolution = 96
Default = -adobe-times-

[serialports]
Com1=/dev/ttyS0
Com2=/dev/ttyS1
Com3=/dev/modem,38400
Com4=/dev/modem

;; Carreful this Lpt1 device work only for the 2.0.x series kernel
;; adjust to /dev/lp0 if you have a 2.2.* Kernel
[parallelports]
Lpt1=/dev/lp0

[spooler]
LPT1:=|lpr
LPT2:=|gs -sDEVICE=bj200 -sOutputFile=/tmp/fred -q -
LPT3:=/dev/lp3

[ports]
;read=0x779,0x379,0x280-0x2a0
;write=0x779,0x379,0x280-0x2a0

[spy]
Exclude=WM_SIZE;WM_TIMER;

[registry]
; Paths must be given in /dir/dir/file.reg format.
; Wine will not understand dos file names here...

; alternate registry file name: HKCU
AltCurrentUserFile=
; alternate registry file name: HKU
AltUserFile=
; alternate registry file name: HKLM
AltLocalMachineFile=
;These are all booleans.  Y/y/T/t/1 are true, N/n/F/f/0 are false.
;Defaults are read all, write to Home and Alt
;Note: it is pointless to specify alt files and neither load nor write to
them.
; Global registries (stored in /etc)
LoadGlobalRegistryFiles=Y
; Home registries (stored in ~user/.wine/)
LoadHomeRegistryFiles=Y
; Load above registries.
LoadAltRegistryFiles=Y
; Load Windows registries from the Windows directory
LoadWindowsRegistryFiles=Y
; TRY to write all changes to home registries
WritetoHomeRegistryFiles=Y
; TRY to write all changes to alt registries
WritetoAltRegistryFiles=Y
; Use new file format
UseNewFormat=N
; Registry periodic save timeout in seconds
; PeriodicSave=600

[Tweak.Layout]
;; WineLook=xxx  (supported styles are 'Win31'(default), 'Win95', 'Win98')
WineLook=Win98

[programs]
Default=
Startup=