wine crashing X11

Jon Piesing jon at eddie.is.prl.research.philips.com
Tue May 22 09:37:02 CDT 2001

Michael Torrie <torriem at nobyu.spamedu> wrote:
: I found that sometimes wine will crash the font server (xfs) which will
: then eventually cause X to crash as well.  I fixed it by putting all my
: fontdir information in the XF86Config file itself, and not run a separate
: font server.

Thanks for the hint. This is already the case for XF 4.0.2 I believe.

:> I'd suggest an upgrade; this is not a blanket statement,
:> I remember something hosed with this call that was fixed
:> before last release.

I've upgraded to wine 20010510 and it still breaks. Oh well :-(

Jon