ICQ2000b

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue May 22 21:20:02 CDT 2001

Andreas Mohr <zstkyu9001 at sneakemail.com> writes:

>Marc G. Fournier <scrappy at hub.org> wrote:
>> Andreas Mohr <zstkyu9001 at sneakemail.com> writes:
>>>P.S.: Yes, I started debugging/fixing ICQ2000b, and it nearly works,
>>>but I really don't see why we'd always want to use "emulated" software
>>>instead of the "real" (possibly better !) thing...

>> Actually, from what I've seen, none of the clones are "better then" the real
>> thing as far as ICQ is concerned ... I haven't asked her for a list, but
>> there are features of ICQ2000b that my gf uses that don't appear to exist
>> (or she can't find) in licq, which is why I want to get ICQ2000b working for
>> her under Wine ...

>> I use licq myself, and find that it does all that I want, so that is what
>> I use, but I'd rather not have to reboot my FreeBSD box into Windows
>> just so that she can use ICQ if I can at all help it :(
>Hmm, so how far did you get with ICQ2000b ?

>Install works fine for me, but running it is a problem (SHAppBarMessage
>causes a recursion which I already fixed).
>So in fact it might already work (it looks promising !), but as I don't have
>net access for my notebook right now, I can't test it.

Just updated source and tried to compile, but got:

gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/wine/tools/winebuild'
gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -g -O2 -Wall -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -D__WINE__ -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/X11R6/include -o spec16.o spec16.c
In file included from spec16.c:15:
../../include/wine/port.h:157: syntax error before `.'
../../include/wine/port.h:158: syntax error before `.'
../../include/wine/port.h:159: syntax error before `.'
gmake[2]: *** [spec16.o] Error 1

which are these three lines:

    time_t        st_atime;    /* time of last access */
    time_t        st_mtime;    /* time of last modification */
    time_t        st_ctime;    /* time of last change */

And, for the life of me, I can't figure it out ;(

OS is FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE ...
Marc G. Fournier                               scrappy at hub.org
Systems Administrator @ hub.org
scrappy@{postgresql|isc}.org                       ICQ#7615664