Unhandled exception: page fault on read access

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu May 24 17:33:40 CDT 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Kevin wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've managed to get winedbg to run instead of a button asking if I want to
> debug.
>
> It ends in:
> Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x0000000c
>  in 32-bit code (0x1213a28f).
> In 32-bit mode.
> 0x1213a28f (ACTIVESKIN.OCX.DllGetClassObject+0x14e6e in G:\ACTIVESKIN.OCX):
> call        *0x8(%ecx)
>
> I don't want to fill the group with unwanted/needed config files and portions
> of traces. What should I post/do/read to help get me past this.

   Ahh, someone who wants to fix bugs in Wine. Good.
   It looks like a bug in Wine. You should look at the 'Finding and
Reporting Bugs' section in the Wine User Guide:
   http://wine.codeweavers.com/docs/wine-user/bugs.shtml

   This will tell you how to generate a trace of what happens which
you can then use to track the source of the bug. For any issue you
have in fixing the bug you can read the Wine Developper's Guide:
   http://wine.codeweavers.com/docs/wine-devel/

   Of course you can also post an extract of the trace on the newsgroup
if you have trouble debugging it yourself (all the necessary
instructions are in the first URL).

     The software said it requires Win95 or better, so I installed Linux.