Word

Andrew D Dixon andrew.dixon at seranoa.com
Wed May 30 16:51:55 CDT 2001

Hi All,
I'm new to wine and have it running on my machine (I can play
solitaire).  I would like to use it to run word under Linux but I'm
having a bit of a problem with that program.  I'm running Debian
(testing) and accessing my Windows partition (w2k) which is mounted read
only.  The Word that I am running is part of the Office 2000 suite.

At the bash prompt I enter:

dixon at rowling:/win/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office$ wine
outlook.exe

Wine appears to work correctly but I get a Windows popup window that
states:
"This application requires the Windows installer to run."

Wine then exits with a successful status.

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and if they've
found an answer?

Also if anyone has gotten Word to run I'd be interested in knowing how
well it works.

Thanks,
Andy

--