Windows programs not creating directories

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Fri Nov 2 16:07:19 CST 2001

On Fri, 02 Nov 2001 19:23:59 +0000, "Jado" <jado at nospam.jado.org>
wrote:

>Hi all, not sure if this problem is mentioned anywhere but I've looked
>everywhere I can think with no luck. My problem is when I'm installing
>programs and they try to create directories they don't actually manage :)
>
>Everything is working perfectly other than that, I can create the
>directories manually and install software (no probs creating the files so
>I guess it's not a permissions problem?) run the programs and do
>everything I need to do. But it's doing my head in having to create all
>the directories by hand.

I have never heard of a similar bug.
It could be a bug specific to the applications that
you are using. Or you are thinking that the apps
can't create directories while it is another problem
in fact - many recent installation programs are
failing.

If you want to get more information, run with -debugmsg
+relay,+dosfs,+file yourapp.exe &>yourtrace.txt and
post here the 200 last lines before the first occurence of
the directory name in the trace.

Gerard