Oops! Cooledit, wine, and data!

Andreas Mohr Usenet 10/01 a31dgo001 at sneakemail.com
Tue Nov 6 11:10:03 CST 2001

Robert Tilley <tilleyrw at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> When I did a 'wine --winver=win95 "/mnt/C/Program
> Files/Cool2000/cool2000.exe"' the attached dump file resulted.
Surely you meant --winver win95 ?

> Wine stumbles over any spaces (such as "Program Files") in the path name.
> Why is this?  With "Program Files" being the standard MS Windows directory
> you'd think it had been programmed in by now.
Are you sure you're using "Filesystem"="win95" and not something insanely
crippled ?

> If there is anything obvious in this dump which indicates the cause of
> failure, I'd appreciate knowing about it.  I'm only now beginning to use
> wine.

> X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  75 (X_PolyText16)
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x7400005
>   Serial number of failed request:  198497

Oops.

Get Wine CVS, check whether it also crashes,
use --debugmsg +relay,+x11,+x11drv, then add FIXME()s to it until you know
where exactly this crash is being caused from.

--
Andreas Mohr, Renningen, Germany
In case you need to contact me after expiry of temporary email address: